There's a huge difference using my mouse in Plan9 than in Plan9port on my mac. Plan9 feels almost unusable by comparison. I suspect much of this is the very finely tuned acceleration/fine-pointing behavior of the mouse on modern desktop platforms. That's probably a ripe space for improving the Plan9 user experience. I wish there were better accessibility solutions for Plan9 as regards the mouse. That's likely another ripe area for tuning - taking advantage of Fitts' law in UI interactions (with a real acceleration/precision model) would be nice. There's few enough UI elements in our toolkit that it might even be feasible to do as a hobbyist. Paul On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 7:53 PM wrote: > > needing to copy/paste previous commands in terminal windows, etc. > > see " and "" scripts > > The finnicky mouse stuff is indeed an annoyance in acme. I use sam & > a trackball & a huge font. some conveniences have been added to sam, > ^B and ^G to switch from sam window and back to buffer. Make use of > <>!| commands and so on... standard ^W ^U ^A ^E stuff... plumbing, > searching, command language. rio window placement mostly automated. > I have sam just open files fullscreen automatically, which is quite niceā€¦ > > umbraticus ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T716c5aa0e2aa8a27-Ma67e1972b37912dac460dfc1 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription