I once used octopus. It uses inferno as the middle layer of graphics, which made the octopus somewhat complicated, I felt. I'm not against the inferno, however, octopus could make the graphics much easier and simpler. Therefore, using inferno made the purpose unclear I thought. That's the reason I left from the octopus. sorry nemo. Kenji 2018-03-08 21:38 GMT+09:00 Rudolf Sykora : > On 3 March 2018 at 20:27, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote: > > Octopus would run on Plan 9, although we used inferno for (hosted) > terminals, > > and it used Op as the protocol (a descendant of 9p like everyone else), > > Ok. So does anybody use octopus these days? > Why not? (Who wouldn't like a ubiquitous environment?) > What do the authors of octopus use instead these days? (Clive seems > to me to serve a completely different purpose.) > > It seems the octopus environment uses a tile-like management > of its windows, unlike rio, where windows can overlap. > Has anybody done any experiments to arrive at a rio-like feel? > > How is it with the need for inferno? > (I tried to install octopus now on 9front. Unfortunately it asks me > too many questions I am, at this moment, unable to answer---I do > not understand them.) > > Thanks > Ruda > >