Hi. I get the exact same error every time I (in|de)crease the backlight brightness in the x220. On Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 3:49 AM Lyndon Nerenberg wrote: > I have a stack of Supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4 servers upon which I'm trying > to > spin up 9front. > > For the most part they work, but one annoyance is the *endless* stream of > > cpu0: lapicerror: 0x00000080 > > messages the kernel prints out. Sometimes these originate from cpu1 as > well. > The hardware has eight CPU cores. I don't think I've seen anything from > cpu>1, but in the blizzard of messages, who knows. > > I poked a wee bit inside the kernel source, but I don't have time right now > to chase this. The hardware runs fine, other than refusing to reboot, > which > I put down to the usual BIOS ACPI table stupidity. > > For the time being I'm going to put a filter on the kprints, but I'm > curious > if this sounds familiar to anyone. > > Note this happens with both the 32- and 64-bit kernels. > > I don't have a quick way to attach sysinfo(1) to this message, but if > somebody > can use that I'll figure something out. > > --lyndon > >