* [9fans] spec in plan9port?
@ 2022-09-01 12:05 fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2022-09-01 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On plan9 (and inferno) mount has [ spec ] to select between different
file trees:
https://9p.io/magic/man2html/1/bind
mount [ option ... ] servename old [ spec ]
"The spec argument to mount is passed in the attach(5) message to the
server, and selects among different file trees served by the server.

After looking at the source for srv(4), 9pserve(4) I am not sure this
is possible in plan9port. If yes, could somebody please share an
example?
thanks!

* Re: [9fans] spec in plan9port?
@ 2022-09-05 19:54 ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-09-05 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth fgergo@gmail.com:
> On plan9 (and inferno) mount has [ spec ] to select between different
> file trees:
> https://9p.io/magic/man2html/1/bind
> mount [ option ... ] servename old [ spec ]
> "The spec argument to mount is passed in the attach(5) message to the
> server, and selects among different file trees served by the server.
>
> After looking at the source for srv(4), 9pserve(4) I am not sure this
> is possible in plan9port. If yes, could somebody please share an
> example?
> thanks!

The spec comes in a form of a Tattach message to the file server,
the muxers don't really have anything to do with it.

* Re: [9fans] spec in plan9port?
@ 2022-09-06  7:26   ` fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2022-09-06  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 9/5/22, ori@eigenstate.org <ori@eigenstate.org> wrote:
> Quoth fgergo@gmail.com:
>> On plan9 (and inferno) mount has [ spec ] to select between different
>> file trees:
>> https://9p.io/magic/man2html/1/bind
>> mount [ option ... ] servename old [ spec ]
>> "The spec argument to mount is passed in the attach(5) message to the
>> server, and selects among different file trees served by the server.
>>
>> After looking at the source for srv(4), 9pserve(4) I am not sure this
>> is possible in plan9port. If yes, could somebody please share an
>> example?
>> thanks!
>>

> The spec comes in a form of a Tattach message to the file server,
> the muxers don't really have anything to do with it.

Sure, thanks for clarifying! Where else is or could be the passing of
spec to Tattach implemented?
Could you please give an example to mount /archive or /snapshot of a
serving fossil using plan9port if that's implemented?

* Re: [9fans] spec in plan9port?
@ 2022-09-06 13:08     ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-09-06 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth fgergo@gmail.com:
> Sure, thanks for clarifying! Where else is or could be the passing of
> spec to Tattach implemented?

mount, or whatever is doing the mounting.

note, sometimes it's called 'aname'.

* Re: [9fans] spec in plan9port?
@ 2022-09-06 14:32       ` fgergo
From: fgergo @ 2022-09-06 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 9/6/22, ori@eigenstate.org <ori@eigenstate.org> wrote:
> Quoth fgergo@gmail.com:
>> Sure, thanks for clarifying! Where else is or could be the passing of
>> spec to Tattach implemented?
>
> mount, or whatever is doing the mounting.
Hence my original question.

* Re: [9fans] spec in plan9port?
@ 2022-09-06 14:41         ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-09-06 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth fgergo@gmail.com:
> On 9/6/22, ori@eigenstate.org <ori@eigenstate.org> wrote:
> > Quoth fgergo@gmail.com:
> >> Sure, thanks for clarifying! Where else is or could be the passing of
> >> spec to Tattach implemented?
> >
> > mount, or whatever is doing the mounting.
> Hence my original question.

sorry, I don't use p9p much, but:

        - '9p' appears have a '-A' option
        - 9pfuse has a '-a' option