Dear all, I was confused by one experiment which is done today. My machine is x86_64 and I run Plan9 inside KVM. According to my understanding, operating system should detect which hardware platform it is running (x86, sparc, etc) and automatically invoke corresponding arch-dependent codes. But, when I echo $cputypes, it is 386! I also browse some kernel config file in /sys/src/9/pc, it seems that plan9 forces to use 386 for Intel cpus (right?). Please tolerate if I made stupid mistakes, I just wonder how to make a amd64 kernel? (My hardware already supports that.) Thanks, Yan -- Think big; Dream impossible; Make it happen.