Le ven. 25 juin 2021 à 17:19, a écrit : > On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 02:12:07PM +0000, adr via 9fans wrote: > > On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 01:41:30PM +0100, Richard Miller wrote: > > > > it just becomes difficult > > > > to do anything when no fossil blocks can be allocated > > > > > > Thinking a bit further about this: intuitively one might expect to be > > > able to reboot using a local file system which is completely full, and > > > use du and ls to find big files and rm to delete them, without the need > > > to allocate new blocks. Something in the way fossil works, makes this > > > impossible at present. I wonder how much work it would be to > investigate > > > and fix? > > > > I haven't studied how fossil works, so excuse this light chat. > > Couldn't fossil have reserved blocks so when it starts and it's > > full it can add those block and present the user to a recovery > > session? Just a console session printing the last file modified? > > I don't think I will tell anybody a scoop, but it is what is present in > traditional Unix filesystems where there is a percent of the storage > preserved... but for root, user under which you are not supposed to > log to the system in normal operation. This is probably the problem: > since there is no privileged user, for "whom" to preserve/reserve these > blocks? > > I imagine the alternative would be, if fossil reports full, that memory > filesystems should be mounted on top of the system mandatory writable > dirs so that the system will not block but normal booting will not > be done but the program launched will be one requiring user to make > room, crucial infos written in memory filesystems being copied back > to fossil when done. But it is easier to implement when booting/rebooting, > but more problematic if the system is running. Except perhaps that > there will always be a memory filesystem mounted with rescue > programs/scripts that the user can precisely use when the system > is out of disk space, utilities that write nothing to disk (but just in > their memory realm), in order to not paint oneself in a corner. > FWIW in 9front you can jump into rc while booting and fix this sort of issue. ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T4ec62ed03a91d7a4-Mec344f9c69bd216b67f824c4 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription