Le sam. 29 août 2020 à 19:26, Leonardo a écrit : > Cool! > > I want to make a Plan 9 distro aimed at brazilians: I'm at the beginning > of this journey. My plan is to translate all the documentation (articles > and man pages), try to make the system more user friendly (not for hackers > but for common people) and also work in ordinary software like a modern > browser, a word processor, spreadsheet software, a kind of powerpoint etc. > > As another historical note, for a number of years (2006 to 2009 iirc) Plan 9 reached the peak of 3 regular users in Brazil. Others came and went, but those 3 are responsible for at least abaco, the initial python port, and the initial work into what is now the 9front bootloader. So, Leonardo, welcome aboard :) Besides translation, what are the Brazilian-specific needs you are trying to address? I highly recommend you search the list for other projects similar to yours. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in the journey! iru > I am studying Plan 9 and I am totally in love with it: read files, write > to files and again: read files, write to files. And what else do you need > to do? Little or nothing: things are really simple. The NSA invented > SELinux (mandatory access control) because it saw that, from a security > point of view, the idea of discretionary access control did not provide > much. Okay, it's an idea and it works. But Plan 9, before, had introduced > the idea of namespace which is, by the way, a much simpler and smarter > idea: each process can have its own restricted view of the universe of > files. I really don't understand why Plan 9 has not been adopted. Legacy > base? > *9fans * / 9fans / see discussions > + participants > + delivery options > Permalink > >