From: Blake McBride <blake@mcbride.name>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Problem with mk
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:28:21 -0600	[thread overview]

Often there is a set of reasonable, alternative algorithms one may utilize
to solve a problem.  Then, there is a set of unreasonable algorithms one
may employ that may or may not solve the problem given various conditions.
 "make" has a proven reasonable algorithm to solve the problem for which it
was designed.  It employs one algorithm among other possible, and equally
good, algorithms.  You are implying that mk is using another valid
algorithm rather than an unreasonable one.  I can't see it yet.

I'd be a better judge if I understood the purposeful, thought out reason
behind the problems I am experiencing - assuming there is one.  "That's
just the way it works" or "we do it differently because we are not unix"
are stupid as hell arguments.

I remain confident that there is a thought out, reasonable algorithm
employed by mk that I am yet ignorant of.

Blake