Thanks. That fixed the problem. For the faint at heart, here is what I did: cd /sys/src/9/pc acme main.c At the bottom of the file there is a function named idlehands(void). Change that function to do nothing but call halt(). Then, from that same directory, build the kernel with: mk 'CONF=pcf' Then install the kernel with: 9fs 9fat cp 9pcf /n/9fat Halt the system with: fshalt Reboot the machine. On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > I am running 9plan on VMware Fusion successfully, however, the CPU is > > pegged. I've seen this before with DOS. Basically the OS has its own > idle > > loop so VMware sees it as always using CPU. There is a patch to fix this > > issue with a DOS guest. Any ideas with 9front? > > change idlehands in /sys/src/9/pc to call halt unconditionally instead of > whatever it's doing now. > > - erik > >