Discovering button-3-drag, is there a reason button-3-drag could not be made to load a file or directory with spaces in it? In other words, would this conflict with some other intended operation? Thanks. Blake On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Blake McBride wrote: > When you button-2-click on text acme executes the word. If you want to > execute something larger with spaces, you highlight the whole thing and > then button-2-click on it to execute the whole thing. > > When you button-3-click on text in a file list buffer acme loads the file > with that name. I should be able to highlight a file name with spaces and > then button-3-click on it to load the file. This would be totally > consistent. > > It there a reason this hasn't been done? > > Thanks. > > Blake > > > > On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Rubén Berenguel wrote: > >> A kind of crude workaround is using the whole /Users/whatever/file with >> spaces, selecting it with first button and 1-2 chording it to Get. This >> works on Mac, problem is that it's quite horrible to do. An intermediate >> solution may be to use some piping rule like sp:filename with spaces, but I >> don't remember if piping works with right-button and selected text or >> follows the same rules as opening a file. >> >> Ruben >> >> >> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Robert Raschke wrote: >> >>> Someone once made a little filesystem that would substitute spaces in >>> filenames with a different character. When placed between the normal fs and >>> Acme, this would make things work quite nicely. >>> >>> If I remember correctly, Acme-SAC (built on top of Inferno) does that by >>> default. >>> >>> No idea where you can find such a fs for Mac though. But this might give >>> you a start. >>> >>> Robby >>> On Dec 11, 2013 6:19 PM, "Blake McBride" wrote: >>> >>>> Greetings, >>>> >>>> Just started using acme (and sam). Cool. >>>> >>>> I am using acme on a Mac form plan9port. >>>> >>>> Within a file list one can right-click a listing in order to decend into >>>> another directory or load a file. The problem is that neither work if a >>>> space is contained within the name. Apparently, the right-click >>>> functionality only looks at non-white space strings. An easy fix to this >>>> would be to allow the user to highlight the entire string (including >>>> spaces) and then right-click as normal. The system would allow the >>>> highlight facility to override the "just test for contigous non-space >>>> string" current functionality. >>>> >>>> Any thoughts on this? >>>> >>>> Thanks. >>>> >>>> Blake McBride >>>> >>>> >> >