On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Kurt H Maier wrote: > Quoting Blake McBride : > > What I am beginning to understand from comments like this is that there is >> a "club Plan-9". Everything ever done by the originators of "club >> Plan-9" >> is correct, period. No mater what exceptions, special cases, or good new >> ideas occur, they are wrong and we will find some way of rationalizing >> "club Plan-9". Anyone can join "club Plan-9" if you buy into that >> assumption. The main purpose of Plan-9 forks (with some exceptions) is >> to >> port to new hardware. Messing with the premise of "club Plan-9" is >> significantly frowned upon and attacked. >> >> Just a newbie's (with 35 years experience) perception. >> > > What I am beginning to understand from comments like this is that there is > a "club entitlement." Everything ever done by the members of "club > entitlement" > is correct, period. No matter what preconceptions, bad habits, or > horrible > misfeatures exist, they are correct and we will find some way of > implementing > "club entitlement." Anyone can join "club entitlement" if you assume you > cannot be wrong. The main purpose of operating systems (with no > exceptions) is to > port gnu software. Messing with the premise of "club entitlement" is > significantly whined about on tumblr. > > Just a newbie's (with six hundred years experience) perception. > > Given the number of times I have been enlightened by this group and shown to be clearly wrong, I suppose I am not a member of "club entitlement". When I make a query, I am looking for examples of why it is done the way it is. I have provided examples of why the way it works is a problem. Members of "club Plan-9" insist that that is just the way it works, as opposed to here is a counterexample why the way it works is better. There is a difference between valid arguments and club allegiance. Blake