On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Tristan <9p-st@imu.li> wrote: > > I for one favor practical usefulness over theoretical correctness. An > > environment variable option would trivially satisfy both groups. It > could > > operate as-is so nothing pre-existing would be affected. > > how long does it take you to run mk, and then realise you didn't Put your > last set of changes? > > i once changed mk on my local machine to act as you suggest, and then > took far too long trying to figure out why the program's behavior didn't > reflect the code. more time than i saved from waiting on mk? who knows? > If the situation you describe can happen then it definitely shouldn't be changed. Could you please provide me with a scenario (sequence of events) that would be a problem if mk was changed? I can't think of one. Thanks. Blake