From: Blake McBride <blake@mcbride.name>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Acme: spaces in file names
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 10:19:15 -0600	[thread overview]

Blake-Mac-17:tmp blake$ 9p read plumb/rules
9p: mount: dial unix!/tmp/ns.blake._tmp_launch-nvfpC3_org.x:0/plumb:
connect /tmp/ns.blake._tmp_launch-nvfpC3_org.x:0/plumb: No such file

I don't have to do this when I search for text with spaces, or to execute a
command with spaces.  Not being able to load files or directories with
spaces is, and I mean this in the most respectfull way, short sighted and
inconsistent IMO.  As long as a fix doesn't limit some existing
functionality, I think it should be corrected.  I am qualified to make such
a correction but, not being familiar with the code, I estimate it would
take me a whole day to do.  I'd bet it would take someone famaliar with the
code an hour.  My time, like all of yours, is very limited.  I will make
the change when my time permits.  My hope is that someone more familiar
with the code can make it before then.

Thanks.

Blake