* [9fans] fs(3) for pseudo partitions
@ 2011-07-11  2:56 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2011-07-11  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

For AoE reasons, I need to combine
a mirror (of a partition of a disk and
a whole disk) with another partition
of a disk, in a way that the combination
looks like a disk in itself.

Has anyone tried such a thing with fs(3)?
I have a mirror:

mirror m0 /dev/sdD1/data /dev/sdC0/worm

at /dev/fs/m0, and what I would like is
a new pseudo device in fs(3) that joins
/dev/fs/m0 and /dev/sdC0/kcache. But
not simply as a `cat' of these two files,
rather so that the resulting data file
has the two as partitions.

This way I don't need a ton of NICs and
`vblade' instances for each drive/partition
that I want to serve to my ken fs server.

Thanks,
ak

[parent not found: <CABwSpPC9vsKJ4W0V8DzJ4r0WDmV_Yg8OzD+so6ah=rGQXev35g@mail.gmail.c>]