Oh yes, I read Eldon Halls book on that quite a few years ago. Meetings held to discuss competing potential uses for a word of memory that had become free. That one would be a challenging Plan9 port.. On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 at 05:13, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote: > Digby R.S. Tarvin writes: > > > Agreed, but the PDP11/70 was not constrained to 64KB memory either. > > > I do recall the MS-DOS small/large/medium etc models that used the > > segmentation in various ways to mitigate the limitations of being a 16 > bit > > computer. Similar techniques were possible on the PDP11, for example > > Coincidental to this conversation, I'm currently reading "The Apollo > Guidance Computer: Architecture and Operation" by _Framk O'Brien_. > (ISBN 978-1-4419-0876-6) Very interesting to see what you can do with > a 15 bit architecture when sufficiently motivated. > > --lyndon > >