I could see some value in students learning a truly distributed system if they are CS majors looking to specialize in scientific computing or distributed processing work but otherwise it would generally be a huge waste of their time. They would probably be far better off learning one of the modern distributed computing platforms than something that is quickly approaching 40 years old and only ever had a commercial lifespan of 4 short years. That said, I'm sure that there are plenty of more academic type computer science students that would find such a project interesting enough to throw a couple years at it. On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:31 AM Kent R. Spillner wrote: > > There is no benefit for the students to learn how to realize such a > platform > > In your experience do students appreciate being told what's best for > them? ;) > ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T3e07bfdf263a83c8-M1f60ce30e19118486d576118 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription