* [9fans] anyone use 9vx with root from kenfs?
@ 2013-04-27  2:44 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2013-04-27  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

if so, does it involve aux/trampoline?

i looked through the archives and can't see any mention of IL. i'm using
sources from yiyus' repo on bitbucket.

-Skip

* Re: [9fans] anyone use 9vx with root from kenfs?
@ 2013-04-27 12:32 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-04-27 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Apr 26 22:45:46 EDT 2013, skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com wrote:

> if so, does it involve aux/trampoline?
>
> i looked through the archives and can't see any mention of IL. i'm using
> sources from yiyus' repo on bitbucket.

i put the source (no hg) for 9vx with a builtin /net on
	http://ftp.9atom.org/other/9vx.tar.bz2

; hg status
M src/9vx/Makefrag
M src/9vx/a/chan.c
M src/9vx/a/devether.c
M src/9vx/a/etherif.h
M src/9vx/a/ip/arp.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/devip.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/ethermedium.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/icmp.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/icmp6.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/ip.h
M src/9vx/a/ip/ipaux.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/ipifc.c
M src/9vx/a/ip/tcp.c
M src/9vx/a/netif.c
M src/9vx/a/netif.h
M src/9vx/a/pgrp.c
M src/9vx/a/portdat.h
M src/9vx/a/proc.c
M src/9vx/devtab.c
M src/9vx/etherve.c
M src/9vx/main.c
M src/9vx/sdloop.c
M src/9vx/trap.c
M src/9vx/u.h
M src/Makefrag
M src/vxa/bz2/Makefrag
! src/9vx.FreeBSD.gz
! src/9vx.Linux.gz
! src/9vx.OSX.gz
? src/9vx/a/aoe.h
? src/9vx/a/devaoe.c
? src/9vx/a/ip/il.c
? src/9vx/a/sdaoe.c
? src/9vx/conf.c
? src/9vx/etherrs.c

* Re: [9fans] anyone use 9vx with root from kenfs?
@ 2013-04-27 13:24   ` yy
From: yy @ 2013-04-27 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The Plan 9 network stack and the work dho did was merged in my repo (and so
in ron's and others) a long time ago. It was one of the first things I did.

There are two options: to use a pcap-based ethernet device (which needs
root) or a tun/tap one (then you don't need root, but will probably want to
set up a virtual network). Though none of them are enabled by default, this
can be changed using command line arguments or a plan9.ini file. Everything
should be explained in the man page.

--
- yiyus || JGL .

* Re: [9fans] anyone use 9vx with root from kenfs?
@ 2013-04-27  4:14 Erik Quanstrom
From: Erik Quanstrom @ 2013-04-27  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs