* [9fans] Plan 9 stack limit?
@ 2011-09-06 22:30 Comeau At9Fans
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Comeau At9Fans @ 2011-09-06 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have an application that is crashing on Plan 9.  Now, it could be a bug in
the code, but in the past, similar problems with the same code base on other
platforms have always been caused by the system stack being blown out, and
in a less rare case, the systems running out of process space.  The crashes
are happening on 9vx.OSX (which is currently the only place it can be tested
on our systems).   Does 9vx have any such limitations and/or does Plan 9 in
general have any such limits?  And if so, can they be changed?   I see some
of the threading calls have stack size requests possible, but don't see any
such concerns as a consequence of a fork, though I'm sure fork is
semantically equivalent to some other calls when all is said and done.
Like I said, it could be a bug in the code, but I'd like to approach it from
this level first assuming there is any such interaction that even exists so
any insights would be appreciated.

--
Greg Comeau / 4.3.10.1 with C++0xisms now in beta!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout