From: Terry Wendt <silicon.penguin67@gmail.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] plan9 iso image cont.
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:26:51 -0500	[thread overview]

K3b actually said 721.7 GB. As in Gigabytes.

So, I've downloaded, burned, and tried to install the following iso images:

9front-2688.28a9914426a3.iso (I used Brasero to burn the cd, no size complaints)
+9atom.iso
9atom.iso
9atom.nboot.iso
plan9.iso

None actually booted, but some got farther then others.

Results:

plan9.iso - "PBSR...EI" <---- as far as it got and froze
9atom.nboot.iso - circular reboot
+9atom.iso - circular reboot
9atom.iso - booted from cd, got to choose option 2(boot from cd),
these are the last few lines:

ehci 0xe0001000: port3 didn't reset within 500ms; status 0x1101
ehci 0xe0001000: port4 didn't reset within 500ms; status 0x1101
usb/kb... usb/kb... root is from(il, tcp, local)[local!#S/sdD0/data]:
cpu0: spurious interupt 39, last 11

I hit enter after about 3 minutes of no action...
kfs...version...time...
init: starting /bin/rc

Nothing else ever happened, even after lots of key-presses.

9front.iso - never gave me an option to run from cd or install, it
just started launching itself.
Several screens of info and it stop on this line:
bootargs is (tcp, il, local!device)[local!dev/sdD0/data] _
<----blinking cursor, doa!

I burned all the iso images with K3b, with the exception of 9front. I
used brasero for that and brasero did not complain about file size and
volume size not matching.  However, when I open 9front up in K3b, it
does complain that the filesize is 530.9 MiB, while the volume size is
reported as 1 TiB.

Gorka - The reason I asked about whether or not I should be unzipping
the iso is the plan9 install instruction have a line thus:
boot from: sdC1!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
I realize that's probably a floppy sized gzipped boot image on the cd,
my question made me feel like a dolt, but I don't mind that too much.
Anyway, next steps?
Terry.