From: Yuning Feng <fengyuning1984@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] Sending frequently used command to sam
Date: Thu,  7 Aug 2014 13:54:17 +0200	[thread overview]

I use sam in plan9port. I would like to wrap a sam command '.,$ > pv'
into a very short one so that I can issue it easily without searching
back in the command window. A similar command is '?\n\n?,/\n\n/ > pv',
which might better justify this shortening. To achieve my goal, I have
two ideas in mind:

1. If I can open more than one command window, than I can leave the
string in one of them, and 'send' as needed, but is this possible?

2. The manual page mentions that sam listens to the edit port of plumb
or sam.user named pipe. If they are available, I can communicate to
sam by them. However, for the named pipe, I am not able to find
sam.user in /tmp/ns.(username).:0, where the font server lives in. For
the plumb, it is a little magical to me and I scratched my head and
tried for a while but not getting anywhere.

Hopefully some of you could shed me some light.

Yuning