On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Russ Cox wrote: > On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Comeau At9Fans > wrote: > > The app. 9vx will continue to run after it. It give a little dump thing > on > > the screen with "1476 The.App fault 0x4 no segment" send to the shell > > account 9vx was started from. Running acid on the app does not appear to > > bring up a line of code that should really be having a problem (though of > > course if it's a bug I could be wrong). > > regs() might be interesting, along with asm(*PC). > If I remember the output format correctly that looks > like it faulted accessing 0x4, which seems more likely > a null pointer deref than stack overflow. > > > What will be the difference in this version in regards to a problem > > like the one I'm seeing? > > Probably nothing at all. If 9vx had been crashing then > the difference would hopefully have been '9vx doesn't > crash anymore'. :-) huh, oh ok :) I'll be giving it a whirl shortly... -- Greg Comeau / 4.3.10.1 with C++0xisms now in beta! Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==> http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout World Class Compilers: Breathtaking C++, Amazing C99, Fabulous C90. Comeau C/C++ with Dinkumware's Libraries... Have you tried it?