* [9fans] Start acme maximized
@ 2012-11-13 16:46 Costin Chirvasuta
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Costin Chirvasuta @ 2012-11-13 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

Is there any way to make acme from p9p start maximized in Linux?

I have a devilspie script that maximizes acme whenever it starts but acme
gets to start in a smaller window before this and the layout saved in the
dump file gets messed up after the maximize.

* Re: [9fans] Start acme maximized
@ 2012-11-13 16:53 ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2012-11-13 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I use -W. It doesn't start maximized, but because I set it to maximized
size, the saved layout will get preserved.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] Start acme maximized
@ 2012-11-13 16:56 ` Salman Aljammaz
From: Salman Aljammaz @ 2012-11-13 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The -W argument lets you set the size of the window. Not
quite maximized but you can make it use the same space.

@ 2012-11-13 16:57 ` Chris Wilson
From: Chris Wilson @ 2012-11-13 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Nov 13, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Costin Chirvasuta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to make acme from p9p start maximized in Linux?
>
> I have a devilspie script that maximizes acme whenever it starts but acme gets to start in a smaller window before this and the layout saved in the dump file gets messed up after the maximize.

Not really "maximized", but at any size you want. I have a little script that starts Acme with parameters that I like:

#!/bin/bash

font=/Users/chris/Downloads/plan9/font/anon/anon.14.font
size=660x660

exec acme -a -c 1 -f $font -W $size "$@"

That is, start acme with autoindent (-a), one column (-c 1), the font that I list, and a size of 660x660, which you can set to be whatever you want.

--
chris

* Re: [9fans] Start acme maximized
@ 2012-11-14 14:06   ` Costin Chirvasuta