Troff + net, I added ideas from vrml's for AR glasses I use for HUD documents as I look off monitor still bashing the keyboard. Web proxy for format translation. On Sep 17, 2016 10:06 AM, "hiro" <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote: > It's hard to have a technical argument about this, because technical > consideration was never a big driver of web "technologies". > > > Web programming would have also have started off with far greater ability > There is nothing wrong with the web having a limited scope of features. > > > Web games, video-streaming applications, etc. on par with local > applications > If they are on par, then why waste time with the web part? > > > waiting years for even simple things to be standardized > They never actually did wait. What they implemented instead was always > horrible, and the incompatible standards created after the fact just > make it even worse. > > > cookies and other privacy issues > > sandboxed > security and privacy in the web is hopeless. it plainly was never a real > goal. > > > beneficial to getting them into programming > popular things tend to drive people. doesn't say anything about the > technical or even educational qualities though. > > > [...] friends in web development, they > > have expressed concerns about ease-of-use [...] > In this case they are liars. i know no single web developer who cares > about ease-of-use. > > > system languages did not [...attract] them. > it's not for everyone to design systems. but they still managed (if i > am to believe you against their will) to waste their time doing > redundant system development, reinventing poorly what we already had, > which they couldn't find enough motivation to learn about. > > "the plan 9 way" is often only used in the sense of being consistent. > This, elegance and cleanness is rarely seen in software, hardly > evaluated and only often demanded. But some principles are just > polished unix ideas and many others did exist before. > > Plan 9 technically is just one small collection of more consistent > alternative building blocks, but the web has ignored, reinvented or > misunderstood most others, too. > >