Personally, I think that all of this language posturing is "geekier-than-thou" nonsense. Calling C++ or Java a disease? Really? Suggesting that if you use one of those languages you're somehow mentally deficient? Really? Suggesting someone change jobs because they're asked to program in C++? Really? In the big scheme of things, absolutely none of this matters. Whether one programs in Java, C, Go, COBOL or 370 assembler doesn't really make any difference; one could die tomorrow, and would anyone care what language s/he programmed in? really? This world has bigger problems than that. Programming languages are tools; nothing more. Use whichever one fits the problem at hand. If you're the kind of person who geeks out on and enjoys playing around with new tools; the kind that appreciates the relative aesthetic quality of one versus the other, more power to you: but understand that trying to reformulate problems so that one can apply one's whizz-bang new shiny SuperHammer when the thing that comes out of parents' toolbox will do is just wasting time. I came across this recently, and it really resonated: http://www.lindsredding.com/2012/03/11/a-overdue-lesson-in-perspective/ - Dan C.