Thanks, Ron. I just donated. Andrey was a genuinely wonderful person and I am proud to have known him. - Dan C. On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 1:59 PM ron minnich wrote: > Dear Friends: > > Many of you knew Andrey Mirtchovski, who contributed so much to Plan 9 > over the years. > Sadly, Andrey passed away in September 2020. > > Andrey was born in Bulgaria in 1976. He was awarded a University of > Saskatchewan undergraduate scholarship and moved to Canada in the late > 1990s. He did graduate work in Computer Science at the University of > Calgary, Alberta, Canada, earning his Master's in 2005. Andrey > interned at Los Alamos National Lab as an undergraduate and joined me > at Los Alamos as a staff member in 2005. Subsequently, Andrey returned > to Calgary and stayed on, most recently working for Cisco. > > Andrey made many technical contributions, and he also contributed to > many communities: the Plan 9 community, the Go community, and the > community of international students. Andrey helped smooth the > difficulties international students often face in studying and living > in an unfamiliar society with an unfamiliar language. > > In recognition of Andrey's technical and societal contributions, Bow > Valley College in Calgary, AB, Canada, where he lived for the past 13 > years, has established the Andrey Mirtchovski Legacy Award. This award > recognizes and supports Bow Valley College School of Technology > international students. It is established "in memory of Andrey > Mirtchovski, who always encouraged collaboration and sharing in the > field of technology." > > Andrey was a valuable and continuing presence in our community. If you > wish, you can recognize his contributions and help Bow Valley international > students by donating to this Legacy Award. > > https://bowvalleycollege.ca/about/give-to-bow-valley-college/givenow > > It is drop-down menu, you can select the Andrey Mirtchovski Legacy Award. > > [image: 08240008 copy.jpg] > > *9fans * / 9fans / see discussions > + participants > + delivery options > Permalink > > ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T0ada79fb099f57c3-M4df0f5848406ebfaba803ab1 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription