Hi Jens, Thanks for the infos. I prefer to use just pcc and 8c, but I understand the changes to make to some progs are many in order to compile with pcc. By the way I have always the same problem (suicide with stack overflow running arithchk). I'm thinking this could be related to virtualbox... maybe. I have to try with a real hardware... regards. Fausto 2013/11/22 Jens Staal > On Thursday 21 November 2013 22:37:06 Fausto Saporito wrote: > > Hi Jens, > > > > thanks a lot!!! that site is wonderful :-D > > > > regards, > > Fausto > > > > > > Thanks :) > > If you want more language support (and more up-to-date fortran, but also > ObjC, > COBOL, C++ ...) it is highly recommended to check out the GCC 4.5.4 port > made > by Alvaro > > http://marcus.biz.tm/jail/ > > he offers a binary download via Hg. A disadvantage is that the site is > somewhat > slow. He will upload a tarball mirror to ports2plan9 soon :) > > The disadvantages with gcc are that the libraries need to be built for > gcc, so > the real system and the gcc stuff are completely sepparate. Another current > disadvantage is that it is i386 only. > > >