* [9fans] pcc: new option to convert implicitly between char* and uchar*
@ 2021-05-25 20:57 Kyohei Kadota via 9fans
From: Kyohei Kadota via 9fans @ 2021-05-25 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi.

I'm trying to add a new option for pcc as -u to convert implicitly
between char* and uchar*.

In sources of LibreSSL Portable (actually, a lot of the sources is a
copy of a part of OpenBSD), there are many many assignments that is
uchar* to char*, or char* to uchar* without type casting. Two years
ago, because I wanted to use Git, I created a patch[^1] to compile the
sources in native Plan 9 + APE. its patch was containing many type
castings like:

    pwri_tmp = (unsigned char*)strdup((char*)pwri_pass);

[^1]: The patch in that time here.
https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable/pull/510.diff

However I realized it was hard to update the patch continuously with
tracking changes of sources of LibreSSL. So I'm trying to add the -u
option to pcc.
https://github.com/lufia/plan9/pull/10.diff

Do you have any good ideas for this?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-25 20:58 UTC | newest]