* [9fans] Git client
@ 2019-04-21 11:05 Kyohei Kadota
From: Kyohei Kadota @ 2019-04-21 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi, 9fans.

I ported official Git client to 9legacy. It's very early version yet,
but it can do basic commands such as fetch, pull, log, add, and commit
-m.

Probably there are many bugs. Some of them might be results from a
issue of 8c that don't initialize rest fields of struct and union with
zero if field names are specified.

x86 binaries are available here:
https://lufia.org/git-386.tgz

Source codes:
- https://github.com/0intro/plan9-contrib/pull/6
- https://github.com/0intro/plan9-contrib/pull/7
- https://github.com/madler/zlib/pull/398
- https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable/pull/510
- https://github.com/libexpat/libexpat/pull/242
- https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3701
- https://github.com/lufia/git

- kadota

* Re: [9fans] Git client
@ 2019-04-22  2:40 ori
From: ori @ 2019-04-22  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lufia, 9fans

> Hi, 9fans.
>
> I ported official Git client to 9legacy. It's very early version yet,
> but it can do basic commands such as fetch, pull, log, add, and commit
> -m.
>
> Probably there are many bugs. Some of them might be results from a
> issue of 8c that don't initialize rest fields of struct and union with
> zero if field names are specified.
>
> x86 binaries are available here:
> https://lufia.org/git-386.tgz
>
> Source codes:
> - https://github.com/0intro/plan9-contrib/pull/6
> - https://github.com/0intro/plan9-contrib/pull/7
> - https://github.com/madler/zlib/pull/398
> - https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable/pull/510
> - https://github.com/libexpat/libexpat/pull/242
> - https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3701
> - https://github.com/lufia/git
>
> - kadota

Nice.  It looks like testing it out on 9front will involve a bit of
backporting of ape stuff, but I may take a look.

As a side note, taking a look turned into a good test case for git/fs,
and got me to solve two issues -- git/fs now uses far less memory to
index large repositories, and it will no longer barf when a repository
has submodules.

Good support for submodules will still need a bit of work.