* [9fans] rio on plan 9 from user space
@ 2016-05-29  6:32 jfmxl
From: jfmxl @ 2016-05-29  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On another tack ... I have installed plan 9 from user space on my debian
machine, and sam and acme seem to open and work ok. But when I type rio,
I get ...

$ rio
rio: it looks like there's already a window manager running;  rio not
started

So, rio under plan 9 from user space (p9port?) wants the the whole
display?

I cannot run xfce and have rio in a window?

I am trying to communicate with a plan 9 cpu, but drawterm seems slow
and awkward.

Are there any plan 9 installations open to people like myself to 'try
out'?