From: hiro <23hiro@gmail.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi 4 stability dependent in RAM
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 14:48:59 +0000	[thread overview]

from the hardware point of view...

i never had a single problem with pi4 power rails or it's RAM.
if we're lucky this might be just your pi. while rare, memory does
fail sometimes...

What doesn't work here is the usb-c power supply, so i have used a
crappier mobile phone charger with a passive USB-A -> c adaptor.
Luckily the current draw is lower than expected so it worked out.

also, lots of problems with wifi, the usb, the hdmi and the bluetooth
(on linux).
they seem to all interfere with each other on the physical level in
many ways, so i've only been able to use 1-2 of these systems at the
same time without crazy connection problems (thus i recommend saving
your time and not bothering to ever try and get the wifi or bluetooth
to work on plan9, it only makes things worse).

stable network, stable system for my purposes reminds me of my old
kirkwood devices.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uptime
 14:40:02 up 217 days, 19:57,  4 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00