* Re: [9fans] hub issues on 9Pi
@ 2014-10-03  0:12 Roswell Grey
From: Roswell Grey @ 2014-10-03  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Unfortunately, I don't have the right wall-wart that would fit the powered
USB hub - this is the one that gives I/O problems. But on the self powered
hub, 9 doesn't even seem to recognize anything. No keyboard or mouse
lights, no console message saying it found those devices... But like I
said, they work fine when plugged in directly.

* Re: [9fans] hub issues on 9Pi
@ 2014-10-03  4:29 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2014-10-03  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> But on the self powered
> hub, 9 doesn't even seem to recognize anything.

That is, I presume, when not powered.

It's a known problem, I understand (don't have any experience myself),
and if this works with the pi under other operating systems, then it's
probably a USB power-negotiation problem.  A different hub may work,
but the pi has limited current output on the USB ports, Plan 9 can't
deal with devices that want more.

Lucio.

* Re: [9fans] hub issues on 9Pi
@ 2014-10-03 11:24   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2014-10-03 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Perhaps try the newer version of the pi, they said they fixed some USB
power issues there.

* Re: [9fans] hub issues on 9Pi
@ 2014-10-03 12:00 Roswell Grey
From: Roswell Grey @ 2014-10-03 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)