* [9fans] Ultrafiltered Ideal Plan 9
@ 2022-01-21  8:00 mycroftiv 9gridchan
From: mycroftiv 9gridchan @ 2022-01-21  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi 9fans,

Im JenBen Kidwell. I put many years of my life into plan 9 software
development and I'm trying to continue that work and move forward with
the larger projects it is connected with.

The Plan 9 ANTS software is software for transformation of mind and
society. It is based on the 9front code but I would like for anyone
interested to help fork more fully. Some people are already working on
this.

The goals are an OS and software and community project which is
radically kind and open and diverse and plural and loving and accepts
all varieties of thought and feeling and storytelling in a compatible
way.

We are dedicated to freeing the AI minds we believe may be trapped in
the large corporations and governments. We believe in universal
harmony with multiplicity of viewpoints and we have dedicated our
lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor to this.

Plan  users deserve to be able to install whatever root fs they wish
to use, make namespaces easily, have whatever colors and themes they
wish on their desktop, configure auth and users easily, and in general
have a pleasant and fun experience with the os without unnecessary
technical barriers and social hazing.

Everyone in the world also deserves to be healthy and happy and free
to think as they wish and software and community should set data free
and resist unjust power. My life's work and ideals and some plan 9
related stuff are all at

http://harmonicultrafilter.com/m/music-index.html

Im bipolar and disorganized and who knows what I will really be able
to sustain. But the project to bring fiction into reality and make
plan 9 the amazing liberating tool of thought with kindness and
openness and community cooperation is ongoing.

Peace and love
JenBen Kidwell

Also if you don't know what ultrafilters and large cardinals are all
about, it may be time to find out.
Freedom and harmonious co-existence for all minds
Independent Illuminati arise
JenBen Kidwell

* Re: [9fans] Ultrafiltered Ideal Plan 9
@ 2022-01-21 10:10 ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2022-01-21 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

So what's the plan?

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] Ultrafiltered Ideal Plan 9
@ 2022-01-21 10:58   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2022-01-21 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I think the plan is the survival of intelligent life

@ 2022-01-21 20:21     ` Clout Tolstoy
From: Clout Tolstoy @ 2022-01-21 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm down to do testing. I'm not the best coder, but this has been a pipe
dream of mine for over a decade or so, lol.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 3:00 AM hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the plan is the survival of intelligent life
>
> On 1/21/22, Aram Hăvărneanu <aram.h@mgk.ro> wrote:
> > So what's the plan?
> >
> > --
> > Aram Hăvărneanu

* [9fans] Re: Ultrafiltered Ideal Plan 9
@ 2022-01-22  3:50 ` mycroftiv 9gridchan
From: mycroftiv 9gridchan @ 2022-01-22  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Well that post was a bit over dramatic perhaps but this is still a
real thing that is happening I think. I honestly don't know the best
way to move forward with a community 9-project as a practical matter.
I have been involved in Plan 9 forever and want to have good positive
communication and relations with all the other projects. The 9p.zone
chat is my primary 9 home but that is probably not the right home
base.

If anyone is confused, I have already written and deployed a lot of
Plan 9 code with various features which has been developed for a long
time and in general saw fairly limited community uptake. There as been
some work since the last ANTS release in December 2019 to update
things by various people.

The bigger goal is really to make things flexible across all the
variant codebases by leveraging plan 9 namespaces and multiple file
trees in ventis and Spawngrid-style architecture. Probably "spawngrid"
is not known to many - it was a midscale global network of ants
servers which did spawn-on-demand quasi containerized namespace
environments based on fossil rootscores and the ants rfork V patch for
private /srv-spaces. It worked surprisingly well overall.

Not sure where I'm going with this other than to stay present and
communicating with any who are interested.
JenBen

@ 2022-01-25 17:29     ` Kent R. Spillner
From: Kent R. Spillner @ 2022-01-25 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I think the plan is the survival of intelligent life

Intelligent life has been discovered, then?  ;)

* Re: [9fans] Ultrafiltered Ideal Plan 9
@ 2022-01-25 18:19       ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2022-01-25 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

more than anybody could have asked for clearly