True story. If I wasn't on a phone i'd elaborate more. On Apr 25, 2012 11:39 PM, "Russ Cox" wrote: > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Strake wrote: > > What the hell? This is a waste and a fault. long at least ought to be > > at least a machine word. > > Use vlong. Why does it matter what it's called? > > > The main one is this: I have a 64-bit machine, and I'll be damned if > > my programs won't use every last one of them (^_~) > > They certainly won't. The address space is really only 48 bits wide, > and 47 for user space on most kernels. Sorry to disappoint. > > More generally, you showed up demanding things and basically > being a jerk. People have explained the situation, you didn't pay > anything for any of this, and we don't owe you anything. If you're > not happy about the state of the Plan 9 world, write some code > or stop whining. > > Russ > >