Sending from phone, please pardon errors. There are projects that use gsoc for docs and the like. I would see nothing wrong with someone contributing code to the installer -- especially someone with less familiarity with p9 than most 9fans -- they will likely taake longer than 1-2 weeks. Additionally it might be a good opportunity to get someone interested who doesn't have C skills, which is something we have been historically awful at in GSoC. --dho On Mar 14, 2012 6:58 PM, "Anthony Sorace" wrote: > On Mar 14, 2012, at 18:15 , Charles Forsyth wrote: > > > At least in the past, I'm sure I followed a discussion that the summer of > > code was intended (ie, required) to produce code, not documentation > > or packaging, although that might have changed. > > This is true. All projects in GSoC are required to be (at least > principally) > about producing code. No prohibition on including work on relevant > documentation, of course, but code must be the focus. > > Which isn't to say that installation is out of scope. I could imagine a > proposal looking at creating installation CDs from trees or installing > under different circumstances being code-focused. > > Anthony > >