Well, such are my limitations, I don't give two short smegs about the Blit or "The Labs", Johnny come latelelys that they are, promoting new editors such as "ed". Instead of edt, the one true editor. But when I was a lad, these many years ago, we did have to pick up the phone - without dial, there was no dial - wait for the operator at the Sanderstead exchange and ask the operator to connect us. On 27 April 2017 at 14:42, Shane Morris wrote: > Dear God, big old working exchanges?! > > We had a tiny little relay logic step by step PABX at trade school, > adjusting her was punishment detail. Well, it *was* until they worked out > I actually enjoyed getting the old girl to make party tricks... > > I wonder if I *am* actually allowed into the US these days...? Likely > not... perhaps I can see some photos instead? > > Cheers mate! > > On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Bruce Ellis > wrote: > >> For those interested in the Blit and other stuff from the labs, >> particularly if you are in the Seattle area, you might like to contact >> smj@sdf.lonestar.org who is the Associated Curator of the Communications >> Museum. He gave me a tour and I introduced him to games/crabs. >> >> Big old telephone exchanges in working order are fun! >> >> brucee >> > >