* [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 11:55 dexen deVries
From: dexen deVries @ 2011-06-24 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://cm.bell-labs.com/plan9/

>  The object /plan9/ does not exist on this server.
>  errstr: '/usr/web/plan9/' Hangup
>  uri host:
>  header host: cm.bell-labs.com
>  actual host: plan9.bell-labs.com

...all i wanted was to grab u9fs from contrib. What's the second best source
for u9fs?
--
dexen deVries

``One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.''

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 14:12 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2011-06-24 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i put a copy on u9fs.googlecode.com

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3553 bytes --]

From: dexen deVries <dexen.devries@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: [9fans] this is kind of sad
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:55:58 +0200

@ 2011-06-24 18:19   ` dexen deVries
From: dexen deVries @ 2011-06-24 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Friday 24 June 2011 16:12:05 Charles Forsyth wrote:
> i put a copy on u9fs.googlecode.com

thanks from one of the ``been meaning to
try this Plan 9 thing'' guys ;-)

any idea what's up with bell lab's plan 9 server?

cheers,
--

@ 2011-06-24 18:26     ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2011-06-24 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Works for me.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM, dexen deVries <dexen.devries@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Friday 24 June 2011 16:12:05 Charles Forsyth wrote:
> > i put a copy on u9fs.googlecode.com
>

> thanks from one of the ``been meaning to
> try this Plan 9 thing'' guys ;-)
>
> any idea what's up with bell lab's plan 9 server?
>

> cheers,
> --
> dexen deVries
>
> ``One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.''

--
I'm migrating my email.  plalonde@telus.net will soon be disconnected.
 Please use paul.a.lalonde@gmail.com from now on.

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 18:31       ` andrew zerger
From: andrew zerger @ 2011-06-24 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I was going to speculate the ROI value was erroneously null and an energy
management system shut it down thoughtlessly, but it might just be a 0
anyway.. but yeah, works for me too at the moment.

;)

--
⎼⎺⎺├@┼␊├├≤-␍⎼␊▒␍:/␤⎺└␊/⎼␤⎺#

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 18:34     ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2011-06-24 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM, dexen deVries <dexen.devries@gmail.com> wrote:

> any idea what's up with bell lab's plan 9 server?

I checked with Central Services and they told me this:

"… an Internet was sent by ... staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on
Friday.... it got tangled up with all these things going on the
Internet commercially.
...And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump
something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you
don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled,
when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be
delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of
material, enormous amounts of material."

It seems to be an intertube issue.

ron

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 19:52       ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2011-06-24 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

That was a comment in nix source code :)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:34 PM, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM, dexen deVries <dexen.devries@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> any idea what's up with bell lab's plan 9 server?
>
> I checked with Central Services and they told me this:
>
> "… an Internet was sent by ... staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on
> Friday.... it got tangled up with all these things going on the
> Internet commercially.
> ...And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump
> something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you
> don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled,
> when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be
> delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of
> material, enormous amounts of material."
>
> It seems to be an intertube issue.
>
> ron

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 20:17         ` andrew zerger
From: andrew zerger @ 2011-06-24 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Rofl, that is cool to know. All I see (which might not even be there,) is a
reference to "Central Services," in the only and funniest cyberpunk movie
ever made, Brazil.. okay funny up until the end ..

--
⎼⎺⎺├@┼␊├├≤-␍⎼␊▒␍:/␤⎺└␊/⎼␤⎺#

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-24 20:22         ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2011-06-24 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Check out the original transcript of what late Senator
Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) said:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2006/06/your_own_person/

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:52:39 +0200 Francisco J Ballesteros <nemo@lsub.org>  wrote:
> That was a comment in nix source code :)
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:34 PM, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I checked with Central Services and they told me this:
> >
> > "... an Internet was sent by ... staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on
> > Friday.... it got tangled up with all these things going on the
> > Internet commercially.
> > ...And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump
> > something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you
> > don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled,
> > when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be
> > delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of
> > material, enormous amounts of material."
> >
> > It seems to be an intertube issue.
> >
> > ron

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-06-25  3:24           ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2011-06-25  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

All these days I've been reading off-topic stuff on 9fans were worth
it because of this thread.

* Re: [9fans] this is kind of sad
@ 2011-07-03 22:41             ` Josh Marshall
From: Josh Marshall @ 2011-07-03 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)