+1 to this, though I use a different chassis. Since I'm relegated to an apartment at the moment, I have a desktop rack mounted in a closet. My development boards are set on top of the cabinet with 6-32 1/2" standoffs, which rest on an ESD mat grounded to the rack. It's small, but gives me about 8U worth of space in cramped quarters. On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote: > I use Supermicro 5015A-EHF-D525 1U servers in a 19" cabinet. they are > fairly quiet. you can usually find reasonably priced used 12U or 24U > cabinets at places like RE-PC. > > i've not found a good way of mounting Sheeva and RPi cpu's in the cabinet. > > > > > > > > On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Aram Hăvărneanu wrote: > >> I want to replace my CPU and file servers. I don't need much >> performance, a new Atom is more than enough, but I'd like something >> that supports at least 8GB RAM. This board seems nice: >> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/X9/X9SBAA-F.cfm. >> >> Where to put it though? >> >> I want something completely silent. Think Soekris but 64 bit and >> with a faster CPU. That means no PSU fan. Low power Atom boards >> consume less power than laptops, I don't understand why nobody seems >> to produce a design that does not use a fan for the PSU. The CPU >> servers will be diskless, but for the file server I'd like something >> that can fit a few drives. That means more than two. Four would be >> ideal. >> >> I am not limited to that board nor to Atom CPUs. I am curious what >> other 9fans use or would like to use. Thanks. >> >> -- >> Aram Hăvărneanu >> >> >