* [9fans] Mercurial port is official
@ 2012-04-27 15:04 Steven Stallion
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Steven Stallion @ 2012-04-27 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

All,

I'm happy to report that the official Mecurial port is complete and
has been accepted upstream. Starting with version 2.2, Mercurial will
support Plan 9 and friends out of the box.

You can find more information about the port here:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Plan9FromBellLabs
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/FactotumExtension

I've updated stallion/mercurial to version 2.2-rc for the time being.
The official 2.2 release is scheduled for the first of May. As soon as
the release is made, I'll update the package.

Some (slightly) bad news:

Due to the number of changes that needed to be made in order for the
port to be accepted upstream, I decided to recreate the contrib
package. If you have installed a previous revision of
stallion/mercurial, please be sure to completely remove it before
installing the new one. Installation is slightly manual since it
requires removing incorrect paths that were installed by
bichued/python, however the process is documented in the
Plan9FromBellLabs page above and in
sources/contrib/stallion/src/mercurial/README.

Cheers,

Steve