From: Riddler <riddler876@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] Two Acme questions
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:04:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Hey guys,

I've been using acme as my main editor for going on two weeks now and
I'm starting to get the hang of it! I've got two questions though if
anyone can offer some input.

First, after using plan9 and plan9port I've noticed that on plan9port
(from Arch Linux's repository) the tagline seems to have the ability
to wrap onto multiple lines. I quite like it because I end up with
some (unfortunately unavoidable) long paths in them.
Plan9's acme (I'm using 9atom) doesn't seem to do this and just gets
cut off the end. Is there a way to let it wrap? I could not find any
related comments in the manual.

Secondly, I'm trying to make a little "guide" script for acme so I can
write "Guide" in the tagline and whenever I run it a +Errors window
shows a quick jump-to list for the functions in the file.
I've got a small awk script ready and working and generating output in
the right format but I can't seem to get it to plug in to acme in
plan9port.
I've attempted to do "9p read /acme/$winid/body" but I keep getting
"connect: /tmp/ns.riddler.:0/: Connection refused"
I found a few references to this error in context with factotum but
not any fixes. Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Riddler.