From: Riddler <riddler876@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] 'Compose' key and Unicode characters
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:12:56 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello guys,

I'm toying with floating point and the possibility of making some
regression tests for Plan 9's FP support. At the moment I'm testing results
of computations that should result in +/- infinity and as plan9 is built
with Unicode in mind figured I should attempt to use the actual ± 0x00B1
symbol.

I'm aware there are shortcuts for some of these (including ±) in
"lib/keyboard" but I could not get the +- shortcut to work. I discovered
it's because I wasn't using numpad keys (I'm on a laptop), when I do it
works as expected.

I'm assuming it's because of the 'shift' key in between to get the + and -
symbols and I'm wondering if it is meant to work with shift or does it
intentionally only work with the numpad?

Regards,
Rid.