* [9fans] Mysterious auth again...?
@ 2014-08-04 13:51 Pavel Klinkovský
From: Pavel Klinkovský @ 2014-08-04 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all,

I am fighting with configuration of '9pccpuf' server.

I have configured user 'bootes' as a hostowner.
I have 'listen', 'keyfs' running.

I can 'cpu' such server from another Plan9 terminal ('9pcf') as user
'bootes'.
I can 'srv' such server from another Plan9 terminal ('9pcf') as user
'bootes'.

BUT:

server# auth/debug
p9sk1 key: dom=xxx proto=p9sk1 user=bootes !hex? !password?
        successfully dialed auth server
        password for bootes<at>xxx [hit enter to skip test]:
        cannot decrypt ticket1 from auth server (bad t.num=0x...)
        auth server and you do not agree on key for bootes<at>xxx

I found that it was already solved in the past...
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.plan9.general/55049

but it looks I have a correct sequence in /rc/bin/cpurc, /cfg/server/cpurc,
/cfg/server/cpustart...

Any idea what do I have wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Pavel

P.S.: I cannot make 'auth' system to work with another added user... :(

* Re: [9fans] Mysterious auth again...?
@ 2014-08-04 15:26 ` stevie
From: stevie @ 2014-08-04 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi all,
>
> I am fighting with configuration of '9pccpuf' server.
>
> I have configured user 'bootes' as a hostowner.
> I have 'listen', 'keyfs' running.
>
> I can 'cpu' such server from another Plan9 terminal ('9pcf') as user
> 'bootes'.
> I can 'srv' such server from another Plan9 terminal ('9pcf') as user
> 'bootes'.
>
> BUT:
>
> server# auth/debug
> p9sk1 key: dom=xxx proto=p9sk1 user=bootes !hex? !password?
>         successfully dialed auth server
>         password for bootes<at>xxx [hit enter to skip test]:
>         cannot decrypt ticket1 from auth server (bad t.num=0x...)
>         auth server and you do not agree on key for bootes<at>xxx
>
> I found that it was already solved in the past...
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.plan9.general/55049
>
> but it looks I have a correct sequence in /rc/bin/cpurc, /cfg/server/cpurc,
> /cfg/server/cpustart...
>
> Any idea what do I have wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Pavel
>
> P.S.: I cannot make 'auth' system to work with another added user... :(

Hi,

I know, auth can be tricky, but it's a long time since I configured
authentication.  Without having further information about your setup I
can only recommend reading this doc:
http://kamalatta.ddnss.de/config/Plan9Tutorial.txt.

It helped me a lot configuring my server.  Just try to find the step
you probably missed.

I hope, that will help you.

stevie

P.S.: I don't know the full background, but connecting as the
hostowner seems to have other prerequisites.

* Re: [9fans] Mysterious auth again...?
@ 2014-08-05  7:34   ` Pavel Klinkovský
From: Pavel Klinkovský @ 2014-08-05  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi Stevie,

I know, auth can be tricky...

In fact.

> Without having further information about your setup I
> can only recommend reading this doc:
> http://kamalatta.ddnss.de/config/Plan9Tutorial.txt.

Thanks for the link, going to recheck my configuration.

> P.S.: I don't know the full background, but connecting as the
> hostowner seems to have other prerequisites.

That's what is surprising me.
I can 'cpu' the machine with 'bootes' (hostowner) uid.
I can 'srv' the machine...
I must have something strange there...

Pavel

* Re: [9fans] Mysterious auth again...?
@ 2014-08-05  9:01     ` stevie
From: stevie @ 2014-08-05  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi Stevie,
>
> I know, auth can be tricky...
>

> In fact.
>

>> Without having further information about your setup I
>> can only recommend reading this doc:
>> http://kamalatta.ddnss.de/config/Plan9Tutorial.txt.
>>

> Thanks for the link, going to recheck my configuration.
>

>> P.S.: I don't know the full background, but connecting as the
>> hostowner seems to have other prerequisites.
>>

> That's what is surprising me.
> I can 'cpu' the machine with 'bootes' (hostowner) uid.
> I can 'srv' the machine...
> I must have something strange there...
>
> Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I think this thread on 9fans might help:

http://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=116732560810918&w=2

Read the whole thread, but I think my linked message has the answer.
Do you start keyfs before listen in your cpurc?

Stevie

* Re: [9fans] Mysterious auth again...?
@ 2014-08-05  9:09       ` Pavel Klinkovský
From: Pavel Klinkovský @ 2014-08-05  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi Stevie,

I think this thread on 9fans might help:

> http://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=116732560810918&w=2

thanks, going to read it too.

> Read the whole thread, but I think my linked message has the answer.
> Do you start keyfs before listen in your cpurc?

Yes, it was 1st thing I checked...

Pavel

* Re: [9fans] Mysterious auth again...?
@ 2014-08-05 13:50         ` Pavel Klinkovský