On 28 March 2014 07:49, David Hoskin wrote: > Here's a procedure that worked for me. > > - download new usbinstamd64.bz2 from 9atom.org > - boot it up, run through the installer > - answer no to ``build full amd64 set?'' > - answer no to ``halt system?'' > - mount new disk's 9fat and copy over /386/9paed > - edit plan9.ini to boot 9paed The first four steps is exactly how I installed 9atom. My edit to plan9.ini added bootargs, mouseport, removed user= Then a reboot and 'mk install' in /sys/src/ resulted in a working amd64 system for me. One issue is networking - to successfully get a dhcp lease I have to use generic dhcp options ( ip/ipconfig -G ) That could be a specific quirk to my network. Cheers, Matthew