Whenever they are available, I use symlinks for "shortening" paths for Acme. This is so far the only good use I've found for them ;-) Robby On Jun 11, 2014 8:54 PM, "Bakul Shah" wrote: > If you are editing multiple file within the same directory > with a very long path, the long dir paths is what takes up > most of the tag. One idea (borrowed from zsh) is to assign a > long path to a variable and then just show the variable > instead. Thus for example, given long paths like these: > > /a/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/long/path/to/a/file1 > /a/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/long/path/to/a/file2 > > If one can define a variable in acme > foo=/a/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/very/long/path/to/a > > & if the acme tags show > $foo/file1 > $foo/file2 > it would be much nicer. > > Has anyone considered doing this or is there a better idea? I > suppose on plan9 one can use bind for this but on p9p things > get considerably clunkier (9p, fuse...) when a variable can do > the job more simply. > >