Yes, it has no sense in Plan 9, I know, thanks. I was talking about ape lib because is what was used to port git in my case. I even found a Rob's old mail answering a similar question saying that it's a matter of file server (I can't remember original question). And there are many debates around internet about fsync, with fans an detractors. In previous versions of git, there weren't fsyncs to freeze keys, but Linus wanted to change old git behaviour at one moment, 1.8 version I think. And after all, problem is still there in this case, there's no way to ensure if an fd is in the heaven of bits or in any place in fs at the moment of fopen issue by git, breaking its behaviour over Plan 9. Álvaro El 07/10/2015 18:26, "Charles Forsyth" escribió: > > On 7 October 2015 at 16:17, Álvaro Jurado wrote: > >> because it has an strong dependency of fsync to freeze sha keys in fs >> during fetching. And that is just a dummy in Plan 9 ape > > > fsync causes any operating system buffers in the "buffer cache" to be > flushed to "disk" (not user-space buffers), so nothing should be needed > with plan 9, which is why fsync is a nop in APE. >