Interestingly enough the problem disappears with a mono font. I suspect that troff is inserting such tabs instead of spaces when it thinks they are the same. Indeed libframe (as far I could understand from the manual and the sources) properly handles such variable width fonts. Looks like I've to inform troff about the glyphs sizes... but how? Giacomo 2015-03-04 17:13 GMT+01:00 Giacomo Tesio : > Hi, I've just installed a compact sans font (from > http://input.fontbureau.com/ ) and manual pages started to look broken. > > As you can see in the screenshot (man 2 control), there are white spaces > that looks like tabs in the middle of the text with apparently no reason. > Even in the troff source (why the hell we still use troff for manual > pages? :-D) I can see no command that explain this behaviour. > > Any tip to fix them? > > > Giacomo > > [image: Immagine in linea 1] >