2016-04-03 6:42 GMT+02:00 : > > We are already trained to be suspicious about the truth even when it's > > clearly evident, now we can even start to ignore the information from the > > physical world, while accepting the virtual information that someone else > > feed us. > > For an Italian inheriting the legacy of Galileo Galilei, you sure > approach Science from an odd angle. "suspicious about the truth" is > good, scientific behaviour. "clearly evident" is not. > Theoretically, this is a very good point! :-D But what is good for scientific research will work very badly for social behavior and politics. As an Italian, I also inherit the legacy of Macchiavelli and believe me: uncertainty, indifference and divisions (and fear) are among the most powerful tool to gain and preserve power. I'm not afraid of people challenging mainstream opinions (this is Plan9, isn't it? :-D), I'm afraid of people doubting about evident facts or simply ignoring them: climatic changes? unsustainable distribution of wealth? parents negating their kids misbehavior? inadequate legal systems for the current world? and so on... Giacomo entirely off topic, sorry