From: Giacomo Tesio <giacomo@tesio.it>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] The Plan 9/"right" way to do Facebook
Date: Fri,  1 Apr 2016 22:53:00 +0200	[thread overview]

While funny in it's visionary shape, I'm seriously scared about this matter.

Take for example Google's material design: any software that successfully
mimic the physical world (paper layers in particular) is going to bland our
perception of its "virtuality". Our mind is going to accept it as a
physical tool. Now, we "know that a programmable computer is no more and no
less than an extremely handy device for realizing any conceivable mechanism
without changing a single wire", but are we sure we really want to remove
the awareness of the wires?

Google glasses scare me even more: we are going to look the world through
some one else eyes. In the long run, our brain will start to accept the
virtual baloons like the other physical entities that really exists.

We are already trained to be suspicious about the truth even when it's
clearly evident, now we can even start to ignore the information from the
physical world, while accepting the virtual information that someone else
feed us.

Giacomo