2015-11-27 13:42 GMT+01:00 : > On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 09:13:20AM +0100, Giacomo Tesio wrote: > > > > I know nothing about compilers, but actually gcc and clang dimension and > > complexity is astonishing. > > It's not astonishing: it's research. They want to prove that a black > hole does exist. > Funny, but actually I was wondering if there is any subtle issue in the standards of the C language that makes it somehow hard to implement. For example I've met a few times weird implementations of libraries and frameworks dictated by broken standards: once they are in, they can never be removed due to backward compatibility. I thought that Charles (that also implemented the Limbo compiler) might have referenced these kind of issues in his pun. Giacomo