* [9fans] Acme/Mail with plan9ports in Mac OS
@ 2013-03-10 11:12 Rubén Berenguel
From: Rubén Berenguel @ 2013-03-10 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi again,

I kind of figured what the problem may be last night before falling asleep.
At first I thought it may be because I use zsh as shell, and it has this
funny thing about changing uppercase for lowercase in case of need (which
may shadow Mail as a shell command to execute /usr/bin/mail from within
acme.) Turns out I was almost right. When I checked, I found in fact I had
/usr/bin/Mail as a copy (or symlink, I'm not sure) of /usr/bin/mail. I
moved it (just in case it's useful for some reason I'm not aware of) and
started all servers again (factotum, mailfs, plumber) just in case. Now,
from the command line Mail works (uses nedmail) and gives me a prompt to
interact with my mail box:

253 messages
: b
(prints 10 headers as expected)

If I try to open Mail inside acme it does "nothing": opens a +Errors window
with

253 messages
:

and stops at it.

At least this is closer to getting mail working!

Thanks for any suggestion,

Ruben

* [9fans] Acme/Mail with plan9ports in Mac OS
@ 2013-03-09 19:10 Rubén Berenguel
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Rubén Berenguel @ 2013-03-09 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans