From: "Rubén Berenguel" <ruben@mostlymaths.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Some benevolent user...
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:52:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Ben: Yup, I can write perfectly on your generated images, so it's not a
problem with qemu. I thought the correct boot option would be 5, but then
I'll use 9queen and then sooner or later I'll see if I can understand
everything else is there, Plan9 is relatively complex in its namespace
stuff (coming from a mostly Linux/Mac OS background) and ANTS is...
complex, although your use cases look very interesting & appealing :). And
also, if it works, why break it :)? I have a working image!

Kurt: My system is an old Macbook (Early 2008 IIRC, underpowered by today's
standards but it's relatively okay) but qemu in general works relatively
well, and once an image works and is booted works perfectly. So I'm
guessing it's some problem with my qemu build (1.4.0) tied with some way
Plan9 tries to write to disk. Or not, it's quite puzzling.

Thanks!

Ruben